lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible to mix/match indexes with diff TermInfosWriter.INDEX_INTERVAL ??
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:06:47 GMT
Kevin A. Burton wrote:
>>> Is this setting incompatible with older indexes burned with the lower
>>> value?
>>
>> Prior to 1.4, yes.  After 1.4, no.
>>
> What happens after 1.4?  Can I take indexes burned with 256 (a greater
> value) in 1.3 and open them up correctly with 1.4?

Not without hacking things.  If your 1.3 indexes were generated with 256
then you can modify your version of Lucene 1.4+ to use 256 instead of
128 when reading a Lucene 1.3 format index (SegmentTermEnum.java:54 today).

Prior to 1.4 this was a constant, hardwired into the index format.  In
1.4 and later each index segment stores this value as a parameter.  So
once 1.4 has re-written your index you'll no longer need a modified version.

Doug