lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: Possible to mix/match indexes with diff TermInfosWriter.INDEX_INTERVAL ??
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:44:56 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:

> Kevin A. Burton wrote:
>
>> I finally had some time to take Doug's advice and reburn our indexes
>> with a larger TermInfosWriter.INDEX_INTERVAL value.
>

> It looks like you're using a pre-1.4 version of Lucene.  Since 1.4
> this is no longer called TermInfosWriter.INDEX_INTERVAL, but rather
> TermInfosWriter.indexInterval.

Yes... we're trying to be conservative and haven't migrated yet.  Though
doing so might be required for this move I think...

>> Is this setting incompatible with older indexes burned with the lower
>> value?
>

> Prior to 1.4, yes.  After 1.4, no.

What happens after 1.4?  Can I take indexes burned with 256 (a greater
value) in 1.3 and open them up correctly with 1.4?

Kevin

PS.  Once I get this working I'm going to create a wiki page documenting
this process.

Kevin

get a free iPod!