lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: Possible to mix/match indexes with diff TermInfosWriter.INDEX_INTERVAL ??
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:26:45 GMT
Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> I finally had some time to take Doug's advice and reburn our indexes
> with a larger TermInfosWriter.INDEX_INTERVAL value.

You know... it looks like the problem is that TermInfosReader uses
INDEX_INTERVAL during seeks and is probably just jumping RIGHT past the
offsets that I need.

If this is going to be a practical way of reducing Lucene memory
footprint for HUGE indexes then its going to need a way to change this
value based on the current index thats being opened.

Is there anyway to determine the INDEX_INTERVAL from the file?    It
looks according to:

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/fileformats.html

That the .tis file (which according to the docs the .tii file "is very
similar to the .tis file" ) should have this data:

So according to this:

TermInfoFile (.tis)--> TIVersion, TermCount, IndexInterval,
SkipInterval, TermInfos

The only problem is that the .tii and .tis files I have on disk don't
have a constant preamble and doesnt' look like there's an index interval
here...

Kevin

get a free iPod!