lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Possible to mix/match indexes with diff TermInfosWriter.INDEX_INTERVAL ??
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:00:54 GMT
I finally had some time to take Doug's advice and reburn our indexes
with a larger TermInfosWriter.INDEX_INTERVAL value.

The default is 128 but I increased it to 256 and then burned our indexes
again and was lucky enough to notice that our memory usage dropped in 1/2.

This introduced a bug however where when we try to load our pages before
and after we're missing 99% of documents from our index.  What happens
is that we have a term -> key mapping so that we can pull out documents
based on essentially a primary key.  The key is just hte URL of the
document.  With the default value it works fine but when I change it to
256 it cant' find the majority of the documents.  In fact its only able
to find one.

Is this setting incompatible with older indexes burned with the lower value?

Kevin

get a free iPod!