lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Woon <morph...@helix.stanford.edu>
Subject Javadoc error?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:27:34 GMT
The javadoc for Field.setBoost() claims:

"The boost is multiplied by |Document.getBoost()|
<http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/document/Document.html#getBoost%28%29>

of the document containing this field. If a document has multiple fields
with the same name, all such values are multiplied together."

However, from what I can tell from IndexSearcher.explain(), multiple
fields with the same name have their boost values added together.  It
might very well be that I'm misinterprating what I'm seeing from
explain(), but if I'm not, then either the javadoc is wrong or there's a
bug somewhere...

Does anyone know which way it's actually supposed to work?

Thanks,
-Mark