lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jim Lynch <>
Subject Re: Concurrent searching & re-indexing
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:02:23 GMT
Hi, Paul,

I brought this point up a while back and didn't get a response.  I've
found that I frequently get a "file not found" exception when searching
at the same time an indexing and/or optimize operation is running.  I
fixed it by trapping the exception and looping until it didn't fail.

Paul Mellor wrote:

>1. If IndexReader takes a snapshot of the index state when opened and then
>reads the files when searching, what would happen if the files it takes a
>snapshot of are deleted before the search is performed (as would happen with
>a reindexing in the period between opening an IndexSearcher and using it to

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message