lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Cortes <dcor...@fib.upc.edu>
Subject Re: PHP-Lucene Integration
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:32:34 GMT
Hi, I have a problem about PHP and Lucen. too.

I have PhpBB (a forum) and a JAVA portal, I need to index post on Lucene
Index, phpBB use a DB of mysql.
I have 2 options, first index the database, a thing that I don't do
never, and I think that is complex because I supose I have to decide how
often to re-index the database.
The second option and the option that I think is the best it's to do
that every "add" or "modify" button in the phpBB calls a JAVA thread
that recive parameters how text of topic, autor and other things, this
things will be indexed but not stored and the only thing to store will
be url of topic.
I hope this will be good for someone.

PD: I don't have idea how to do the second option until yet :D.Because I
have to modify all the buttons and I don't have to call a JAVA thread
since PHP, I hope that I haven't to install JAVA bridge for this
because, I don't have comunication PHP <->JAVA only thing that I need is
call a JAVA thread.
Perhaps my ideas are erroneous, please tell me.