lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: HELP! JIT error when searching... Lucene 1.3 on Java 1.1
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:49:14 GMT
Karl Koch wrote:

>When I switch to Java 1.2, I can also not run it. Also I cannot index
>anything. I have no idea why...
>
>Can sombody help me?

I think you are a pioneer in this domain :) . I'm not very familiar with
the lucene source code, but I think it uses the
advantages of java 1.3 and 1.4.
Probably the best thing you can do is to get the sources of the old
versions of lucene and to try to compile them with
java 1.2 compiler.

 Best,

 Sergiu