lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Problem searching Field.Keyword field
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:19:19 GMT
Why is there no KeywordAnalyzer?  That is, an analyzer which doesn't
mess with its input in any way, but just returns it as-is?

I realize that under most circumstances, it would probably be more code
to use it than just constructing a TermQuery, but having it would
regularize query handling, and simplify new users' experience.  And for
the purposes of the PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper, it could be helpful.

Steve