lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: Starts With x and Ends With x Queries
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:37:33 GMT
 Hi Erik,

> I'm not changing any functionality.  WildcardQuery will still support
> leading wildcard characters, QueryParser will still disallow them.
> All I'm going to change is the javadoc that makes it sound like
> WildcardQuery does not support leading wildcard characters.
>
>     Erik

 From what I was reading in the mailing list there are more lucene users
that would like to be able to construct sufix queries.
They are very usefull for german language, because it has many long
composite words , created by concatenation of other simple words.
This is one of the requirements of our system. Therefore I needed to
patch lucene to make QueryParser to allow SufixQueries.

Now I will need to update lucene library to the latest version, and I
need to patch it again.
Do you think it will be possible in the future to have a field in
QueryParser,  boolean ALLOW_SUFFIX_QUERIES?

 Thanks for understanding,

  Sergiu