lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject DbDirectory and Berkeley DB Java Edition...
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 07:51:02 GMT
I'm reading the Lucene in Action book right nowand on page 309 they talk
about using the DbDirectory which berkeley DB for maintaining your index.

Anyone ever consider a port to Berkeley DB Java Edition?

The only downside would be the license (I think its GPL) but it could
really free up the time it takes to optimize() I think.  You could just
rehash the hashtable and then insert rows into the new table.

Would be interesting to benchmark I think though.

Thoughts?

http://www.sleepycat.com/products/je.shtml

get a free iPod!