lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "amigo@max3d.com" <am...@max3d.com>
Subject Re: PHP-Lucene Integration
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 00:51:10 GMT
Hi Owen

I am using Lucene with PHP, though in previous replies it was suggested
to run Tomcat on an alternate port, but for me that was not a solution.
I did not want to run too many tasks or too many servers
for various reasons (maintenance, security etc) and also needed to have
control over PHP sessions and what not.

The original PHP extension for Java is broken and is far fro being
usable in production. Instead I have been using PHP and Lucene with a
PHP-Java-Bridge for the past 6 months or so.
It does the job very well and I can call classes and methods right out
of PHP just like you would expect with a PHP extension.

The bridge is available here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-java-bridge

Hope this helps,

-pedja