lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernhard Messer <>
Subject Re: Disk space used by optimize
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:52:53 GMT

>However, three times the space sounds a bit too much, or I make a
>mistake in the book. :)
there already was  a discussion about disk usage during index optimize.
Please have a look to the developers list at:

where i made some measurements about the disk usage within lucene.
At that time i proposed a patch which was reducing disk total used disk
size from 3 times to a little more than 2 times of the final index size.
Together with Christoph we implemented some improvements to the
optimization patch and finally commit the changes.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message