lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Claes Holmerson <claes.holmer...@polopoly.com>
Subject Lock failure recovery
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:02:07 GMT
Hello

A commit.lock can get left by a process that dies in the middle of
reading the index, for example because of an OutOfMemoryError. How can I
handle such a left lock gracefully the next time the process runs?
Checking if there is a lock is straight forward - but how can I be sure
that it is not just a current lock created by another thread? The only
methods I find to deal with the lock is IndexReader.isLocked() and
IndexReader.unlock(). I would like to know the lock age - if it is older
than a certain age then I can remove it. How do other people deal with
left over locks?

Claes
--

Claes Holmerson
Polopoly - Cultivating the information garden