lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: which HTML parser is better?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:18:30 GMT
Karl,

Two things, try to experiment with both:

1) I would try to write a lexical scanner that strips HTML tags, much
like the regular expression does. Java lexical scanner packages produce
nice pure Java classes that seldom use any advanced API, so they should
work on Java 1.1. They are simple state machines with states encoded in
integers -- this should work like a charm, be fast and small.

2) Write a parser yourself. Having a regular expression it isn't that
difficult to do... :)

D.