lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sergiu gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: which HTML parser is better?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:17:46 GMT
Karl Koch wrote:

>I appologise in advance, if some of my writing here has been said before.
>The last three answers to my question have been suggesting pattern matching
>solutions and Swing. Pattern matching was introduced in Java 1.4 and Swing
>is something I cannot use since I work with Java 1.1 on a PDA.

I see,

In this case you can read line by line your HTML file and then write
something like this:

String line;
int startPos, endPos;
StringBuffer text = new StringBuffer();
while((line = reader.readLine()) != null   ){
    startPos = line.indexOf(">");
    endPos = line.indexOf("<");
    if(startPos >0 && endPos > startPos)
          text.append(line.substring(startPos, endPos));
}

This is just a sample code that should work if you have just one tag per
line in the HTML file.
This can be a start point for you.

  Hope it helps,

 Best,