lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chong, Herb" <HCho...@bloomberg.com>
Subject RE: Starts With x and Ends With x Queries
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:52:57 GMT
commercial text analytics tools including search engines usually
tokenize with splitting of compound words for German.

Herb....

-----Original Message-----
From: sergiu gordea [mailto:gsergiu@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 10:38 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Starts With x and Ends With x Queries

 From what I was reading in the mailing list there are more lucene users

that would like to be able to construct sufix queries.
They are very usefull for german language, because it has many long
composite words , created by concatenation of other simple words.
This is one of the requirements of our system. Therefore I needed to
patch lucene to make QueryParser to allow SufixQueries.