lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karl Koch" <TheRan...@gmx.net>
Subject Lucene on PersonalJava ?? HELP!
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:05:53 GMT
Hi,

did anybody here run Lucene 1.3 or 1.2 under PersonalJava (equivalent to JDK
1.1) ? I have a friend who runs Lucene 1.3 under PersonalJava and it works.
Mine doesn't. When conmparing the the code I cannot find any difference. I
search the index for a Query.

I get an error saying that the method java.io.File.createNewFile() is used
in Lucene. I have checked Java 1.1.8 and indeed this method does not exist.

Beside the question, how it can work on my friends system with the same
code, I am asking two more questions:

1) Did anybody here use Lucene on a PDA under Personal Java and can tell
some experience?

2) Is there anything else I should try or something I have forgotten?

Thanks for your help,
Karl

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail