lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kelvin Tan <kelvin-li...@relevanz.com>
Subject Re: PHP-Lucene Integration
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 18:18:43 GMT
How about XML-RPC/SOAP, or REST?

For REST, just have a servlet listening for HTTP Gets and respond with XML that your PHP app
can parse (for searching). For indexing, let's say you want to index an uploaded file, construct
a URL with the fields and field values, and also pass the location of the file on the FS.
Shouldn't be that difficult.

I'm guessing its more desirable to have all your code in one place, which is an advantage
to using Java in PHP. But it feels cleaner to have the Java stuff in one codebase and the
PHP in another. May make debugging easier. No idea how widely used the PHP-Java binding is.