lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kelvin Tan <kelvin-li...@relevanz.com>
Subject Re: lucene docs in bulk read?
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:33:13 GMT
Please see inline.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:27:26 -0800, Chris Fraschetti wrote:
> Well all my fields are strings when I index them. They're all very
> short strings, dates, hashes, etc. The largest field has a cap of
> 256 chars and there is only one of them, the rest are all fairly
> small.
>
> Can you explain what you meant by 'string or reader' ?

Sorry, I meant to ask if you're using String fields (field.stringValue()) or reader fields
(field.readerValue()).

Can you elaborate on the post-processing you need to do? Have you thought about concatenating
the fields you require into a single non-indexed field (Field.UnIndexed) for simple retrieval?
It'll increase the size of your index, but should be faster to retrieve them all at one go.

Kelvin