lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Celona" <mcel...@criticalmention.com>
Subject RE: Search Performance
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:21:59 GMT
Thanks... I am seeing this problem right now.... Has anyone implemented a
better solution...?

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Lamprecht [mailto:clamprecht@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 4:14 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Search Performance

I should have mentioned, the reason for not doing this the obvious,
simple way (just close the Searcher and reopen it if a new version is
available) is because some threads could be in the middle of iterating
through the search Hits.  If you close the Searcher they get a Bad
file descriptor IOException.  As I found out the hard way :)