lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanyi <need4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DateFilter on UnStored field
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:27:26 GMT
> Following up on PA's reply.  Yes, DateFilter works on *indexed* values,
> so whether a field is stored or not is irrelevant.

Great news, thanx!

> However, DateFilter will not work on fields indexed as "2004-11-05".
> DateFilter only works on fields that were indexed using the DateField.

Well, can you post here a short example?
When I currently type "xxx.UnStored(.." I can simply type "xxx.DateField(.." ?
Does it take strings like "2004-11-05"?

> One option is to use a QueryFilter instead, filtering with a
> RangeQuery.

I've read somewhere that classic range filtering can easily exceed the maximum number of boolean
query clauses. I need to filter a very large range of dates with day accuracy and I don't
want to
increase the max. clause count to very high values. So, I decided to use DateFilter which
has no
such problems AFAIK.

How much impact does DateFilter have on search times?

Regards,
Sanyi