lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jac jac <fori...@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject enquiries - pls help, thanks
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:40:10 GMT

Hi

May I know whether Lucene currently supports indexing of xml documents?

I tried building an index to index all my directories in webapps:
via:

java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles /homedir/tomcat/webapps

then I tried using the following command to search:

java org.apache.lucene.demo.SearchFiles

and i typed in my query. I was able to see the files which directs me the path which holds
my data.

However, when I do
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index /homedir/index ..

and I went to my website I realised it can't serach for the data I wanted instead.

I want to search data within XML documents... May I know if the current demo version allows
indexing of XML documents?

Why is it that after I do "java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index /homedir/index
.." then the data I wanted can't be searched? thanks alot!

jac

 Yahoo! Mobile
- Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!