lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karl Koch" <TheRan...@gmx.net>
Subject Fieldinformation from Index
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:45:08 GMT
Hello,

I have two questions which might be easy to answer from a Lucene expert:

1) I need to know which fields a collection of Documents has (given the fact
that not all docuemnts do necessaryly use all fields). This Documents are
all stored in one index. Is there a way (with Lucene 1.2 or 1.3) to find out
without going though each document and retrieving it?

2) I need to know which Analyzer was used to index a field. One important
rule, as we all know, is to use the same analyzer for indexing and searching
a field. Is this information stored in the index or in full responsibilty of
the application developer?

Karl

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ SupergŁnstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl