lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>
Subject Re: Subversion conversion
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:33:20 GMT
On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 22:11 -0500, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> I've seen both of these types of procedures followed on Apache
> projects.  It really just depends.  Lucene's codebase is not being
> modified frequently, so it is not necessary to branch and merge back.
> Rather we simply develop off of the trunk (HEAD) and when we're ready
> for a release we'll just do it from the trunk.  Actually  we'd most
> likely tag and build from that tag just to be clean about it.

What consequences does this have for the 1.9/2.0 releases? i.e. after
2.0 the deprecated API will be removed, does this mean 1.x will no
longer be supported after 2.0?

The typical scenario being a bug is found that affects 1.x and 2.x, it's
patched in 2.x (i.e. the trunk) but we can't patch the last 1.x release.
The other scenario being a bug is found in the 1.x code, but it cannot
be applied.

--
Miles Barr <miles@runtime-collective.com>
Runtime Collective Ltd.