lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Helen Butler" <>
Subject Re: Re: Compile lucene
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:55:35 GMT
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick response.

The Build.xml was obtained from the that I downloaded from the apache website.

I changed the version in the xml file as you suggested, however the error persists.

Kind Regards,
Helen Butler

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Elschot <>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:39:01 +0100
Subject: Re: Compile lucene

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 20:26, Helen Butler wrote:
> Hi
> Im trying to Compile Lucene but am encountering the following error on
typing ant from the root of Lucene-1.4.3
> C:\lucene-1.4.3>ant
> Buildfile: build.xml
> init:
> compile-core:
> C:\lucene-1.4.3\build.xml:140: srcdir "C:\lucene-1.4.3\src\java" does not e=
> xist!

It seems the java source files were not extracted.

How did you obtain the build.xml file?

Once the compilation works, you'll notice that the lucene jar being built
has a 1.5 version number because of an incorrect version number
in the 1.4.3 build.xml.
You need to correct the version property in the build.xml file:
  <property name="version" value="1.4.3"/>

Paul Elschot.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: