lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net>
Subject PHP-Lucene Integration
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:10:36 GMT
I'm building a lucene project for a client who uses php for their
dynamic web pages.  It would be possible to add servlets to their
environment easily enough (they use apache) but I'd like to have
minimal impact on their IT group.

There appears to be a php java extension that lets php call back &
forth to java classes, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had
success using lucene from php.

Note: I looked in the Lucene In Action search page, and yup, I bought
the book and love it!  No examples there tho.  The list archives
mention that using java lucene from php is the way to go, without
saying how.  There's mention of a lucene server and a php interface to
that.  And some similar comments.  But I'm a bit surprised there's not
a bit more in terms of use of the official java extension to php.

Thanks for the great package!

Owen