lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Luke Shannon" <lshan...@futurebrand.com>
Subject Re: Parsing The Query: Every document that doesn't have a field containing x
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:05:31 GMT
Bingo! Nice catch. That was it. Made everything lower case when I set the
field. Works great now.

Thanks!

Luke

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kauler, Leto S" <leto.kauler@education.tas.gov.au>
To: "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 6:48 PM
Subject: RE: Parsing The Query: Every document that doesn't have a field
containing x

Because you are build from QueryParser rather than a TermQuery, all
search terms in the query are being lowercased by StandardAnalyzer.

So your query of "olFaithFull:stillhere" requires that there is an exact
index term of "stillhere" in that field.  It depends on how you built
the index (index and stored fields are different), but I would check on
that.  Also maybe try out TermQuery and see if that does anything for
you.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER

Information in this transmission is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or
dissemination of the information is unauthorised and you should
delete/destroy all copies and notify the sender. No liability is accepted
for any unauthorised use of the information contained in this transmission.

This disclaimer has been automatically added.