lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Luke Shannon" <lshan...@futurebrand.com>
Subject Re: Parsing The Query: Every document that doesn't have a field containing x
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:48:54 GMT
This works:

query1 = QueryParser.parse("jpg", "kcfileupload", new StandardAnalyzer());
query2 = QueryParser.parse("stillHere", "olFaithFull", new
StandardAnalyzer());
BooleanQuery typeNegativeSearch = new BooleanQuery();
typeNegativeSearch.add(query1, false, false);
typeNegativeSearch.add(query2, false, false);

It returns 9 results. And in string form is: kcfileupload:jpg
olFaithFull:stillhere

But this:

query1 = QueryParser.parse("jpg", "kcfileupload", new StandardAnalyzer());
            query2 = QueryParser.parse("stillHere", "olFaithFull", new
StandardAnalyzer());
            BooleanQuery typeNegativeSearch = new BooleanQuery();
            typeNegativeSearch.add(query1, true, false);
            typeNegativeSearch.add(query2, true, false);

Reutrns 0 results and is in string form : +kcfileupload:jpg
+olFaithFull:stillhere

If I do the query kcfileupload:jpg in Luke I get 9 docs, each doc containing
a olFaithFull:stillHere. Why would +kcfileupload:jpg +olFaithFull:stillhere
return no results?

Thanks,

Luke