lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Lucene Book in UK
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:49:40 GMT

: I ordered my from Amazon a while back and was notified yesterday that it
: shipped. Here was my price:

really??? .. those bastards.  I ordered two copies for my work on December
10th and they still haven't shipped them.

: 1        Lucene In Action (In Action)   $27.17  1       $27.17

Hmm, they only charged me $26.37 each ... but Amazon has been known to
experiment with pricepoints.  (On my browser, they're currently showing a
discounted price as 38.40).

I can tell you that on December 10th, Amazon's "List" price was roughly
the same as Manning, hence I was about to order from Manning and get the
free ebook, when i realized I was looking at the "List price" and not the
"Amazon Price".  With Amazon's free shipping it was cheaper to buy two
the two paper copies from amazon *and* give Manning the $22 for the ebook.

: Does anyone know why Amazon.com lists the list price for Lucene in
: Action as $60.95? Bookpool.com has the list price as $44.95, which is
: the price that Manning is charging. After discounting, bookpool.com has
: it on sale for $27.50.

B&N agrees that the list price is $60.95 ... which may be what Manning is
citing to resellers.

-Hoss