lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bertrand VENZAL" <bertrand.ven...@cirso.fr>
Subject Use an executable from java ...
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:01:11 GMT
Hi all,

I ve a kind of problem to execute a converting tool to modify a pdf to an
html under Linux. In fact, i have an executable "pdftohtml" which work
correctly on batch mode, and when I want to use it through Java under
Windows 2000 works also,BUT it does not work at all on the server under
linux. I m using the following code.

scommand = "/bin/sh -c \"myCommand fileName output\" ";

Runtime runtime = Runtime.getRuntime();
Process proc = runtime.exec(scommand);
proc.waitFor();

I m running my code under Linux-redhat with a classic shell.
Is there an other way to do the same thing or maybe am i missing something
?
Any help will be grandly appreciate.

Thanks
Bertrand