lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cocula Remi" <rcoc...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: Reloading an index
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:38:49 GMT
Make sure that the older searcher is not referenced elsewhere otherwise the garbage collector
should
delete it.
Just remember that the Garbage collector runs when memory is needed but not immediatly after
changing a reference to null.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Greg Gershman [mailto:greggersh@yahoo.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 27 janvier 2005 17:29
À : lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Reloading an index

I have an index that is frequently updated.  When
indexing is completed, an event triggers a new
Searcher to be opened.  When the new Searcher is
opened, incoming searches are redirected to the new
Searcher, the old Searcher is closed and nulled, but I
still see about twice the amount of memory in use well
after the original searcher has been closed.   Is
there something else I can do to get this memory
reclaimed?  Should I explicitly call garbarge
collection?  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Greg Gershman