lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cocula Remi" <rcoc...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: help in indexing
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:25:21 GMT
What is LucenePDFDocument ?
Is it a sample class ?

However  LucenePDFDocument.getDocument(myPdfFile) should create a document containing an indexed
field.
You can achieve  that for instance by using Field.Text().

			writer = new IndexWriter("c:\\tmp\\index",ana,true);
			Document doc = new Document();
			doc.add(Field.Text("text","toto li toto"));
			writer.addDocument(doc);
			writer.close();

please refer to the static methods of the Field class.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : chetan minajagi [mailto:chetan_vm@yahoo.co.in]
Envoyé : jeudi 20 janvier 2005 10:15
À : Lucene Users List
Objet : RE: help in indexing

Hi Karthik/Cocula,

Luke didn't work but Limo helped.I seem to get results when i use Limo for my text/xls files.
Now the problem with pdf search
The problem that i see is the "summary" field as seen through LIMO is not indexed and hence
no hits.
I'm using the default document got by
 LucenePDFDocument.getDocument(myPdfFile);
So how do i ensure that a few of the fields in this which are not indexed are set to indexed.
As far as I can see I can only probe whether a field is indexed or not by using
Field.isIndexed() but is there a method by which i can set to indexed.
can someone provide any help or pointers in this regard?

Thanks & Regards,
Chetan

Karthik N S <karthik@controlnet.co.in> wrote:
Hi

Probably u need to use the Luke S/w to peek insid tu'r Indexer,Use it then
come back for more help

Karthik