lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Réf. : Re: IndexSearcher and number of occurence
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:36:49 GMT

On Jan 13, 2005, at 10:17 AM, Bertrand VENZAL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your quick answer, I understood wot u meant by using the
> indexSearcher to get the termFreqVector. But, you use an int as an id
> find the termFrequency so I suppose that it is the position number in
> the
> IndexReader vector.
> My problem is : during the indexing phase, I can store the id, but if a
> document is deleted and recreated later on (like in an update), this
> will
> change my vector and all the id's previously set will be no more
> correct.
> Am i right on this point ? or am i missing something ...

Yes, the Document id (the one Lucene uses) is not to be relied on
long-term.  But, in the example you'd get it from Hits immediately
after a search, and thus it would be accurate and usable.  You do not
need to store any the id during indexing - Lucene maintains it and
gives it to you from Hits.

	Erik