lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chuck Williams" <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: Human Readable Stemming, Lucene Architecture, etc!
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:25:46 GMT
Like any other field, A.I. is only elusive until you master it.  There
are plenty of companies using A.I. techniques in various IR applications
successfully. LSI in particular has been around a long time and is well
understood.

Chuck

<owen@backspaces.net>
  > wrote:
  > > Hi .. I'm new to the list so forgive a dumb question or two as I
get
  > > started.
  > >
  > > We're in the midst of converting a small collection (1200-1500
  > > currently) of scientific literature to be easily
searchable/navigable.
  > > We'll likely provide both a text query interface as well as a
  > graphical
  > > way to search and discover.
  > >
  > > Our initial approach will be vector based, looking at Latent
Semantic

lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org