lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chuck Williams" <ch...@manawiz.com>
Subject RE: QUERYPARSIN & BOOSTING
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:29:47 GMT
Karthik,

I don't think the boost in your example does much since you are using an
AND query, i.e. all hits will have to contain both vendor:nike and
contents:shoes.  If you used an OR, then the boost would put nike
products above (non-nike) shoes, unless there was some other factor that
causes score of contents:shoes to be 10x greater than that of
vendor:nike.  It's a good idea to look at the results of explain() when
analyzing what's happening with scoring, tuning your boosts and your
Similarity.

Chuck

lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org