lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: New Highlighter features + api
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 09:46:55 GMT

On Jan 3, 2005, at 4:28 AM, markharw00d wrote:

> I dont believe there is an automated build procedure in place for the
> contents of the sandbox, consequently there are no Jars or Javadocs
> created from the source - you need to do this manually using the
> standard Java command line tools or with your IDE.

There is a build system for the entire sandbox area.  The procedure is
like this:

 > cvs co jakarta-lucene-sandbox  # tweaking to however you like, maybe
just jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/highlighter

 > cd jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/highlighter

 > ant javadoc

voila!

You can run ant from any of the contributions sub-directories, or run
it for the entire contributions tree at that level.  The artifacts from
the sandbox are not, however, packaged into Lucene distributions or are
they published anywhere in binary or javadoc form online anywhere that
I know of.  CVS and Ant are your friends!

For details on checking out a Jakarta repository
(jakarta-lucene-sandbox, in this case), read here:

	http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

	Erik