lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "amigo@max3d.com" <am...@max3d.com>
Subject Re: English and French documents together / analysis, indexing, searching
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:09:50 GMT
Right now I am using StandardAnalyzer but the results are not what I'd
hope for. Also since my understanding is that we should use the same
analyzer for searching that was used for indexing,
even if I can manage to guess the language during indexing and apply to
the SnowBall analyzer I wouldn't be able to use SnowBall for searching
because users want to search through both
English and French and I suppose I would not get the same results if
used with StandardAnalyzer?

Another problem with StandardAnalyzer is that it breaks up some words
that should not be broken (in our case document identifiers such as
ABC-1234 etc) but that's a secondary issue...

thanks

-pedja