lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.4.3 breaks 1.4.1 QueryParser functionality
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:26:11 GMT
Bill Janssen wrote:
> Sure, if I wanted to ship different code for each micro-release of
> Lucene (which, you might guess, I don't).  That signature doesn't
> compile with 1.4.1.

Bill, most folks bundle appropriate versions of required jars with their
applications to avoid this sort of problem.  How are you deploying
things?  Are you not bundling a compatible version of the lucene jar
with each release of your application?  If not, why not?

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand.

Thanks,

Doug