lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Problems...
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:28:30 GMT

On Jan 4, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Ross Rankin wrote:
> I'm not sure where or how to troubleshoot.  Can I examine the indexes
> with
> anything to see what is there and that it's meaningful.  Is there
> something
> simple I can do to track down what doesn't work in the process?
> Thanks.

Echoing a previous suggestion, use Luke to examine the index to make
sure it is in good shape.  You can do ad-hoc queries with it also.

One recommendation below....

>             String searchQuery = LuceneConstants.FIELD_RESELLER_IDS +
> ":"
>                     + resellerId
>                     + " AND "
>                     + LuceneConstants.FIELD_FULL_DESCRIPTION + ":" +
> searchString;

I highly recommend you use a BooleanQuery and AND in a TermQuery for
resellerId rather than textually concatenating it to the expression you
parse.  There are numerous issues that could come up with parsing it
this way and potentially brittle.  If you ever switch analyzers such
that numbers are filtered out, you could be in trouble.

	Erik