lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men" <p.veent...@anchormen.nl>
Subject RE: searching while indexing.
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:57:01 GMT
>>Is your IndexReader doing deletes?
Yes.. I have to remove the documents I`m going to update from the
Reader.

>>That is the only time it locks the index (because that is essentially
>>a write operation).  If you're purely searching with the reader it
>>should work fine with a writer concurrently.

Ok, I understand why there are problems. But how can I fix this problem?
I have to update documents, so how can I do this without deleting
documents from the Reader? I don`t want to add the same document twice.

This is a problem many users of Lucene will face.. Could you please add
a good explanation to the FAQ?