lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com>
Subject Re: 1.4.3 breaks 1.4.1 QueryParser functionality
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:05:31 GMT
Erik,

> Is this workable for you, Bill?

No, it doesn't appear to work for me.

I modified my class to add the extra method, as you suggested.  I just
forwarded the method to the existing one, as seen below:

    protected Query getFieldQuery (String field,
                                   Analyzer a,
                                   String queryText,
                                   int slop)
        throws ParseException {
        return getFieldQuery(field, a, queryText);
    }

    protected Query getFieldQuery (String field,
                                   Analyzer a,
                                   String queryText)
        throws ParseException {
    }

It's still not getting called.  My query string is of the form:

  name:"Bill Janssen"

which is a little different from the one you were testing with.  It
does work OK (with both versions of Lucene) on simple queries like the
one you tested with.

My guess is that somewhere between 1.4.1 and 1.4.3, someone decided
that FieldQueries and PhraseQueries should be handled differently.

Bill