lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com>
Subject Re: 1.4.3 breaks 1.4.1 QueryParser functionality
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:43:27 GMT
> > However, there's a simple workaround: just remove the "analyzer" parameter
> > from your method.
>
> Sure, if I wanted to ship different code for each micro-release of
> Lucene (which, you might guess, I don't).  That signature doesn't
> compile with 1.4.1.
>
> Bill

Let me be a bit more explicit.  My method (essentially an
after-method, for those Lisp'rs out there) begins thusly:

    protected Query getFieldQuery (String field,
				   Analyzer a,
                                   String queryText)
        throws ParseException {

          Query x = super.getFieldQuery(field, a, queryText);

	}

If I remove the "Analyzer a" from both the signature and the super
call, the super call won't compile because that method isn't in the
QueryParser in 1.4.1.  But my getFieldQuery() method won't even be
called in 1.4.1, because it doesn't exist in that version of the
QueryParser.

Bill