lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Janssen <jans...@parc.com>
Subject 1.4.3 breaks 1.4.1 QueryParser functionality
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:13:42 GMT
I'm trying to figure out what changed between 1.4.1 and 1.4.3 to break
my application.  I couldn't use 1.4.2, because my app wouldn't compile
with 1.4.2, due to API changes.  With 1.4.3, the API incompatibilities
were fixed, but now the QueryParser seems to process query strings
differently.

For instance, with 1.4.1, when I use the query string

    category:"user names"

during the parsing of the query, the method "getFieldQuery" is called,
which allows me to do some custom analysis of the search terms, for
particular field names.  However, with 1.4.3, "getFieldQuery" is *not*
called.  Why not?  Is something else called instead?

Also, what's the difference between major, minor, and micro release
numbers in the context of the Lucene project?  I'm still stuck on
1.4.1 due to these incompatibilities.  I'm a bit surprised that
differences between two micro releases of the same minor release would
cause this much difficulty.

Bill