lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul <paul.fuehr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting index for DB indexing
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:02:24 GMT
Alternative: create a hashed value which is unique within your DB
(e.g. use md5). Afterwards you can delete documents from the index
with the IndexReader(Term).
Without that additional field you can use the IndexSearcher to
retrieve your documents from the index and then use
IndexReader(DocNum) to delete these documents

Paul