lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul <paul.fuehr...@gmail.com>
Subject QueryParser, default operator
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:41:47 GMT
Hi,
the following code
 QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("itemContent", analyzer);
 qp.setOperator(org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.DEFAULT_OPERATOR_AND);
 Query query = qp.parse(line, "itemContent", analyzer);
doesn't produce the expected result because a query "foo bar" results in:
 itemContent:foo itemContent:bar
where as a "foo AND bar" results in
 +itemContent:foo +itemContent:bar

If I understand the default operator correctly than the first query
should have been expanded to the same as the latter one, isn't it?

thanks a lot!
Paul

P.S. I sent the mail yesterday as well, but I didn't see it in the
mailinglist, I hope it doesn't appear twice now.