lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul <>
Subject Re: restricting search result
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:44:54 GMT
The thing with the different indexes sound too complecated because the
users (and their rights) as well as the index itself change quite

> One way to restrict results is by using a Filter.

but a filter is applied after the whole search is performed, isn't it?
I thought it might be faster to restrict the search space in advance

> Using a + before each term requires them all, ie. uses AND, which
> would normally have an empty result for an Id field.

d'oh, yes of course..

> You might prefer this query concatenation:
> +(locationId:1 locationId:3 ...)

ok, that sounds very nice and works fine. But I will have a closer
look at the filter as well.

Thank you all

P.S. someone without gmail account? mail me

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message