lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fraschetti <frasche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reoot site query results
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:54:56 GMT
I do this to some extent... currently I apply a boost if its as best i
can tell a root page. But I am more asking how to determine root
pages... content obviously isn't easy to use ... the url is the main
key... but that can be tricky as well...  Basically the pages are from
a crawl.. so their urls so how they were originally linked to.. i.e.
http://www.microsoft.com may have been visited via an outgoing link of
another page as http://www.microsoft.com/index.asp?title=true  or some
variant like that. the page is still the root, but now contains a
page. Further into that I can simple check the hostname of the url
using java's URL class, as well as the path that the URL class gives
me... but how much of a boost would be appropriate. Too must of a
boost might make it return higher than perhaps a non-root page which
is more relevant.