lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fraschetti <frasche...@gmail.com>
Subject reoot site query results
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:53:41 GMT
My lucene implementation works great, its basically an index of many
web crawls. The main thing my users complain about is say a search for
"slashdot" will return the
http://www.slashdot.org/soem_dir/somepage.asp as the top result
because the factors i have scoring it determine it as so... but
obviously in true search engine fashion.. i would like
http://www.slashdot.org/ to be the very top result... i've added a
boost to queries that match the hostname field, which helped a little,
but obviously not a proper solution. Does anyone out there in the
search engine world have a good schema for determining root websites
and applying a huge boost to them in one fashion or another? mainly so
it appears before any sub pages? (assuming the query is in reference
to that site) ...