lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Fraschetti <frasche...@gmail.com>
Subject structuring a multifield query
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:24:38 GMT
Hey there folks.. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to use
and AND term among all terms, but spread throughout the fields.

I currently use the static MultiFieldQueryParser method to parse my query..

basically I have several fields.. title, contents, and a few others...
and I would like a query such as    "super computer" to do the
standard distribution amongst the fields, but I believe currently all
these terms are done in an OR fashion.. but I would prefer it so that
they much all match somewhere.. i.e.  "super" could match in the title
and "computer" in the content, but they must match somewhere....  I
obviously was able to do this when I queried a single field, is there
a schema to apply this to multiple fields?